Pinterest is turning out to be a great source for new recipes, and that's where I found this one. Yummy White Chicken Enchiladas! And I used a store-bought rotisserie chicken to make this even easier. The recipe comes from Joyful Mama's Kitchen.
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and green chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.