Sep 11, 2011

Chicken Salad

I posted another chicken salad recipe very recently, and here is yet another. But I prefer this one to that one. I love the crunchiness of the celery and water chestnuts (I also added some slivered almonds, which the recipe doesn't call for), and this salad has a little bacon thrown in. The one thing I didn't do was add the grapes the recipe calls for, which I will try next time, and I'll also try salad dressing instead of mayonnainse. The original recipe comes from one of a raft of chicken salad recipes on allrecipes.com.

2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup halved green grapes
3/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons finely minced onion
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery and grapes in large bowl; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; add to salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment