Nov 3, 2009

Hershey Almond Pie

This pie is always a part of our family Thanksgiving menu. It's as simple as can be to whip up, and everyone likes it. You can use a traditional pie crust for this pie, or a graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust work well, too.

15 large marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 8-oz Hershey Almond Chocolate Bar
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 pie shell

Heat the marshmallows, milk, and chocolate bar over a low heat until the marshmallows and chocolate have melted and blended with the milk. After this mixture has cooled, fold in the whipped cream and pour the combined mixture into a pie shell. Chill until set. Garnish with chocolate shavings, sliced almonds, and/or a dollop of sweetened whipped cream. Note: This past Thanksgiving, I lost track of what I was doing and accidentally added 2 cups of whipped cream instead of 1. The end result was that there was too much filling for my pie crust. However, I liked end result better (it tasted more like a chocolate silk or chocolate chiffon pie) and the filling still set up. A fortunate mistake! Anyway, going forward, I think I'll add at least an extra half cup of whipped cream to the recipe above.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I read this. I found this recipe on another sight and am making it as I'm reading this. I was really hesitant since I haven't made it before and it's for family. I feel better knowing you make it, Kip, since you always have such wonderful food! Now I'm actually excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by my blog. First of all, Happy Thanksgiving! Second, I hope your pie turns out to be delicious. I made two of these pies last night for my family's dinner later today. I can hardly wait to dig in. They look so good! I hope all is well with you guys.

    ReplyDelete