Sep 25, 2009

French Toast

Who needs a recipe for French toast? I think French toast is second nature to most people, but I discovered and adapted this recipe a few years ago from a Betty Crocker cookbook. I like the addition of flour, which I think gives the French toast more of a crispy texture on the outside. And then the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon enhance the flavor.

1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
3 eggs
Butter
9 slices French bread, each 1 inch thick.

Beat flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs with a hand beater until smooth. Heat skillet over medium heat or to 375 degrees. Grease skillet with butter. Dip bread in egg mixture. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. Isaac is the French toast man around here so I will have to pass this recipe along to him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are both big French toast fans, so I think I'll try this one out. The flour making it crispier sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps it's just my vivid imagination, but I think the flour does really make a difference. Please tell me what you think. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete