Jun 7, 2009

Grilled Salmon

This recipe comes from allrecipes.com and had gotten very good reviews. I don't have a grill, so I cooked my salmon in the oven. I wrapped the fillets in a foil packet and cooked the fish at 425 degrees until it was done. Though the recipe didn't wow me (and it may be because I didn't grill the salmon), I did like the end result, and it definitely is simple. I'll continue to tinker with this.

1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil

Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and olive oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large re-sealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Preheat grill for medium heat. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

3 comments:

  1. A sure way to cook fresh salmon in our family so that everyone likes it is to use a fresh lemon juice, olive oil and butter combination, salt, pepper, and dill. Try wrapping it up that way, with more fresh lemon juice on top once removed from the oven.

    Maybe it didn't wow you 'cause I imagine the liquid combination crisping up on a grill and the oven couldn't do that.

    Love seeing fish recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I've hear other people recommend a similar method. I'll give that a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like anonymous's comment about the dill...I was never a bit salmon fan, but I tried it again recently and liked it a bit more. Dill is perfect with fish. I am NOT a fan of lemon pepper. I think thinly sliced lemons and freshly ground pepper would be great instead. Most times, I like fresh garlic, but I don't think it would be great with this. I would use garlic granules, which are more coarse and more true to taste than the garlic powder.

    ReplyDelete