May 25, 2009

Brownies with a Kiss or a Hug

I've had several requests for this recipe lately and many requests over the years. This fudgy brownie couldn't be easier to make, and it's one of my very favorites.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 1-oz squares of unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup flour
1/2 up chopped walnuts
Hershey's Hugs or Kisses

Melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly and pour into mixing bowl with the sugar and blend. Stir in vanilla and eggs, followed by the flour. Finally, mix in the chopped nuts. Pour the batter into a greased 8" x 8" x 2" pan and bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Shortly after the brownies come out of the oven and have cooled for a few minutes, arrange Hershey's Kisses or Hugs on top, pushing them slightly down into the brownies, so that each brownie has a Kiss or a Hug. Alternatively, these brownies can be frosted once they have cooled.

7 comments:

  1. Made these about once a week (without the nuts or kisses) when Liz Brown and I spent every waking moment together. She was a good cook even then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute title for the recipe - we'll have to try this one since we LOVE chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thank-you for posting it. I'll notify Meredith.

    I've added your blog to my side bar, so now we have easy access to your recipe collection.

    We don't you open a restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, WHY don't you open a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, is Liz Brown Tom Brown's daughter? Do I know her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elisabeth, I can't believe you haven't had these brownies before when you've visited. It's the Clark family's standard brownie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I'm not going to open a recipe because it's too much work! I cook for fun. If I had to cook everyday and in large quantities, it would take all the joy out of it. But thanks for thinking that I could do that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete