May 22, 2009

Antone and Gretta Romney's Easy Candy Popcorn

This terrific and simple recipe comes from my great uncle and aunt. The flavor is somewhat like kettle corn--both sweet and salty. It's addictive!

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon water
food coloring
popped popcorn (I usually use 2 to 3 bags of microwave popcorn, with the unpopped kernels removed)

Stir first four ingredients over low heat until the mixture boils and is frothy. Then remove from heat and add several drops of food coloring. Pour over a large bowl of popcorn, stir very well, and then spread the popcorn out on wax paper to dry. Note: the candy coating should have a crystallized texture.

2 comments:

  1. I had forgotten where this recipe came from! Another one of my favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try this recipe! I'll let you know, Kip.

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete