Nov 7, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

I'm not positive, but I believe that this recipe comes from my late Aunt Donna Fae Wheeler (my dad's sister). Stroganoff is definitely comfort food to me.

1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper

Mix and form into little balls. Brown in a little shortening. Remove from pan.

To brown bits in pan add:
4 tablespoons minced onion
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can mushroom soup
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons ketchup

Add meatballs and simmer 5 minutes. Blend in 1/2 cup sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.

*Note: I often prefer to use strips of cooked steak in this recipe rather than meatballs. The steak is easier and quicker to prepare, and I like the texture of steak more than ground beef, but both will work.