Oct 24, 2009

Chocolate Twinkie Dessert

I'm posting this recipe more for nostalgic reasons than anything else. This was a dessert that I was fond of when I was younger. Okay, to be honest, I still enjoy this dessert, though I rarely make it. I'm not even a big fan of Twinkies, but combine Twinkies with chocolate pudding and whipped cream, and magic happens! ;-)

2 small packages chocolate pudding, cooked according to package directions, then cooled
10 Twinkies, sliced lengthwise
1 pint whipping cream, whipped and sweetened to taste
Toffee bits (optional)

Spread half of the pudding into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan. Arrange the sliced Twinkies on top of the pudding. Cover with the remaining pudding. Refrigerate 12 hours. Serve with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle toffee bits on top.