Oct 19, 2009

Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread

I just tried this recipe recently and thought it was a big hit. It's a recipe I'll make again. I omitted the pecans because some people I know don't like (or are allergic to) nuts.

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup fresh mashed cooked fresh pumpkin (I used canned pumpkin and it was fine.)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
6 (1 oz.) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup pecans

Blend all dry ingredients together. Beat eggs, pumpkin, sugars, milk and oil in a large bowl until well blended. Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in chopped chocolate and nuts. Place in a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Cool for about 10 minutes and remove from pan.