Jun 20, 2009

Pescado Zarandeado (Tossed Fish)

I love this recipe! So simple and yet so delicious! And I use whatever vegetables I have on hand. I've substituted carrots, broccoli, red pepper, etc.). I also drizzle a bit of olive oil on the veggies and fish before I close the foil. Oh, and I haven't ever used the cilantro, which I don't care too much about one way or another.

6 18 x 12-inch squares of aluminum foil
½ cup butter, melted
6 6-ounce salmon fillets
½ of an onion, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
1 yellow squash, sliced
3 Roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
Lemon pepper to taste
3 garlic cloves, minced

Lay foil pieces on counter. Brush each with melted butter. Place salmon fillets in the middle. Distribute vegetables evenly on top of fish. Season with lemon pepper and garlic. Fold foil over fish and vegetables to make a pouch. Make sure the top and sides are sealed tightly to prevent juices and steam from escaping. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes (or place in a cooler until you arrive at your picnic site with a portable grill; cook pouches on a grill heated to 350 degrees for 12 minutes, or until salmon is fully cooked). After removing pouches from the oven, let rest for several minutes. Be careful of hot steam when opening pouches. Makes 6 servings.